The 12 Days of Leadership – Day 9
On the ninth day of leadership, my coach gave to me;
Nine Creativity Tips
Creativity fuels innovation and gives us new ways of thinking and problem-solving. Try these 9 tips to help fuel your creativity.
- Put a small pad of paper and a pen on the table next to your bed—capture all your initial thoughts right when you wake in the morning.
- Drive time – go quiet. You will be amazed at what you come up with.
- Use a fun writing utensil – it works!
- Share a challenge with a stranger – it’s a totally different perspective.
- Think about how your favorite movie character would achieve a tough goal.
- Got a tough problem? Think about it in the shower.
- Wanting to write something creative? Talk it out first and record it on your cell phone.
- Get an adult coloring book and color (yes, they are really called “adult coloring books”). Just try it. It’s relaxing and ideas will come from nowhere!
- Looking for new ideas: ask a 15-25-year-old. They’ve got tons!