Date(s) - Tue February, 14th, 2017 - Wed February, 15th, 2017
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Red Mill Inn
Emotional Intelligence is a hot topic in the professional world today. Consider the following:
- 90% of the difference between stars and average performers at the senior leadership level is attributed to emotional intelligence rather than cognitive ability.
- Emotional Intelligence proves to be twice as important as technical skills and IQ combined in achieving excellent job performance.
To learn more about the benefits of improving your Emotional and Social Intelligence, read Ralph Simone’s article, published in the CNY Business Journal, click here.
- Understand the underlying theory of Emotional Intelligence
- Make the Business Case for Why EI is Important
- Define the Emotional and Social Intelligence leadership competencies
- Experience your own ESCI feedback
- Use and interpret the feedback report
- Understand how to develop leadership competencies
- Develop an Action Plan to Improve Scores on 2 key leadership competencies
Principles for Success in the Workshop:
- Pre-work – Reading about the concept of Emotional Intelligence
- Administration of Emotional and Social Competency Inventory Assessment (360 Feedback)
- Willingness to engage, learn and accept change
- Master the basics – Learn skills to improve leadership competencies
- Practice and Follow-up with a PLS Coach 30 days following the Workshop
(Includes the cost of assessment, 2 full workshop days, & a 30 minute individual follow-up coaching session)
Part I of this training session will be held Tuesday, February 14, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Part II of this training session will be held Wednesday, February 15, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Registration has closed for this event.