Is Your Team High-Performing?
According to a study on effective teams released by the Best Companies Group, the five most crucial components of high-performing teams were:
- Goal Setting: knowing where you are going
- Communication: the best use of your eyes, voice, and ears
- Trust: believing in others and being trustworthy yourself
- Accountability: doing what you say you will do
- Recognition: rewarding success in ways other than dollars
How well are the teams you’re a part of addressing these predictors of success? More importantly, what can you or others do to improve your effectiveness in each of these five areas?
Journal around these questions, related observations, and anything else that comes to mind to help you improve the effectiveness of the teams you’re leading or working on.