Seven Simple Leadership Lessons
April 10, 2019 / / Leadership
The seven simple leadership lessons I was reminded of by 41 client leaders this past week:
- Rapport isn’t rocket science. All it takes is for one face-to-face interaction to really shift (for the better!) a relationship that’s been solely built by telephone and email.
- Influence isn’t just a topic underneath the heading of Leadership; it IS leadership.
- I/we are still not listening.
- It’s easy to teach curiosity as a leadership practice; it’s a whole other ballgame to be curious real-time, especially when you hear something that really bothers you.
- Why are leaders, who are excited about the potential that comes with diversity of thought in the workforce, still trying to make everyone think and work the same way?
- When I ask for help, almost all of my stress goes away. (Maybe it IS rocket science.)
- And this quote from an unknown leader: “The practice of yoga is helping me to be more flexible. And now I’m wondering, how flexible am I in my thoughts?”
Just a little food for thought.